Facilities Manager interview questions
The responsibility of having a safe and well-cared for workspace falls on the shoulders of your Facilities Manager. They oversee the day-to-day use of space while striving to reduce operational costs.
Education ranges from high school diplomas to bachelor’s degrees, depending on the position. Experience in the industry, as well as in a managerial role, is a more common requirement. Certification is available for facilities managers, so you can use it to screen resumes depending on the responsibility of the position you’re hiring for.
Facilities managers may face all kinds of situations while looking after the premises. Behavioral or situational questions are the best way to find out their initiative, critical thinking and dependability. Try to also discover their knowledge of standard procedures (e.g. choosing facilities services providers) and all compliance requirements. Since they’ll be managing personnel, ask to discover their leadership and communication abilities.
Operational and Situational questions when interviewing for a position Facilities Managers
- If I asked you to find ways to save energy, what would you think of?
- Imagine you have hired a contractor for a renovation and you perceive that they aren’t using adequate protection equipment. What do you do?
- If I told you we’re going to hold an event for customers and vendors in a few days, what steps would you take to prepare the premises?
Role-specific questions when interviewing for a position Facilities Managers
- How often did you inspect premises at your previous job?
- Name some areas where a facilities manager is responsible for legal compliance
- What’s your experience with Business Continuity Planning?
- What records is a facilities manager obliged to keep?
- How do you think COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations affect our business?
- What criteria/process do you use to choose service providers for [cleaning/landscaping/catering/etc.]?
- How do you feel about taking up some manual labor when necessary?
- What software have you used as a facilities manager?
Behavioral questions when interviewing for a position Facilities Managers
- Tell me about a time you found it hard to coordinate everyone for a maintenance project. How did you resolve this?
- Describe the biggest challenge you have faced when trying to reduce operational costs
- Recall a time your department’s budget was almost exceeded. What did you do?
- Was there a time you found diversity among your subordinates a problem? How did you turn it around?
- Recall a time you spotted a potential hazard on the premises. What measures did you take to correct it?
Experience when participating in interview for a positon Facilities Managers
To pass the quality management interview is not easy when you have to pass “difficult” questions from the employer, to avoid making unnecessary mistakes. Therefore, HR Strategy wants to bring you experiences from previous candidates to help you avoid unnecessary mistakes. Helps you to be sure of passing the interview round.
- Before participating in the interview, you need to prepare carefully about knowledge, practice preparing answers to the questions the employer may ask to build confidence and not be confused when receiving unexpected questions.
- Confidently show your bravery. Each of us when participating in an interview for a management position has our own strengths. To be chosen, you need to demonstrate the knowledge you have, speak confidently, present ideas and affirm them.
- Always maintain a state of confidence to answer questions: look directly at the employer, give the most definitive and accurate answers to show your confidence. Do not look horizontally, glance vertically will make a bad impression on the employer.
- Know how to listen and have an optimistic attitude: Show you are calm, slow, do not rush and interrupt others, listening will help you understand better and the opposite person, this is also the gold key helps you lead your team to grow more. Besides, having an optimistic attitude will help you score points in front of the employer. A manager with an optimistic attitude will spread positive energy to employees.
With each company, there will be different questions and requirements for the position that require you to prepare carefully before coming to the interview. Hopefully, the information below will help you gain experience in interviewing for a management position, helping you pass the interview round in the easiest way.
Collected & Edited By: Customer Service HR Strategy Viet Nam
Let’s follow us by:
- App: HR Strategy Jobs
- Headhunter Service: www.hrstrategy.vn
- Facebook: https://bit.ly/HRStrategyJobPosting
- Happy Leader Community: https://happyleadercommunity.shasugroup.com/
- Group Zalo: https://bit.ly/HappyLeaderCommunityR2
- Youtube: https://bit.ly/HRStrategyYoutubeChann…
- Shasu Group _ Giải Pháp Tư Vấn Doanh Nghiệp & Đào Tạo Doanh Nghiệp: https://consultant.shasugroup.com/ & https://training.shasugroup.com/
- ShasuEcosystem: https://ecosystem.shasugroup.com/
#Goodmorning#HeadhunterHRStrategy #hrstrategy #DichvutuyendungnhansucapcaoHRStrategy #Headhunter #Headhuntervietnam #Headhunter #Headhuntertuyendung #Headhunterjobs #Top10headhunter #Shasu #Shasugroup #shasugroup #happyleadercommunity